How can we improve SQL Test?

Add ability to edit template text.

Basically, my OCD nature of coding means that the template text doesn't match exactly with what I'd like to see in the comments of my tests. In my case, I want tabs before the comments (not 2 spaces) and don't care about the rest of the header text (the instructions for each section). I'd like to ability to massage the template text into exactly what I want. I'm guessing this is currently generated in CLR code. Is there a way to store this information in the database somewhere so that it's editable?

5 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Marc FearbyMarc Fearby commented  · 

Having thought about this some more, I typically create these three tests: AssertEqualsTable, assertEquals, and AssertLike. It would be great if we could define multiple templates, which would make the "New Test..." button/sub-menu show a menu listing each of my templates.

• Marc FearbyMarc Fearby commented  · 

I agree wholeheartedly with this (especially wanting tabs, not 2 spaces!). I basically want my default test to have a comment referring to the existence of my SetUp test that does all of the "Assemble" stuff, as well as a few assertions that I typically use so that I don't have to copy/paste these from elsewhere - I'll just delete the ones that I don't want, leaving the one appropriate for the test at hand.

Feedback and Knowledge Base